"A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
~George Moore

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weaving Class Cancelled

 I enrolled myself in 10 weeks of weaving classes at The Little Loomhouse. Unfortunately not enough people signed up so they are unable to hold the classes. I did, however, make the trip out there anyway and had a lovely chat with Sally Moss. She is a master weaver, very talented and worked over 11 years under Lou Tate herself. I learned a lot tonight about the history, about weaving, about Lou Tate and about Sally. After getting a small taste of what all goes into the preparation for weaving, I'm not sure to what extent I will take my curiosity. I do still want to dabble into it a bit. I fell in love with the Loomhouse tonight. At the very least I would like to find some way of getting involved, perhaps volunteering.


 Wisteria Cabin: gift shop and office

 
 
 
 
 
  
  




 Tophouse Cabin: Studio Space








No comments:

Post a Comment